Custom Jewellery Design
CUSTOM DESIGNED FROM BEGINNING TO END
- We create custom pieces of jewellery.
The jewellery selection at Rattan Jewellers is carefully cultivated. Every piece must meet our high standards of quality and beauty. Many of the pieces in our showcases are custom designed by Rattan Jewellers.We select the gemstones, our craftsmen sketch an idea, hand carve a wax, cast the metal, and set the stones, polish, and shine.
View our gallery that showcases some of our custom designed jewellery.
- We can make your ideas come to life.
Come in with photos, drawings or anything that has inspired you. We will combine your ideas with our expertise and experience to create a one-of-a-kind heirloom for you.
- Adapt your jewellery.
Do you have a ring you love, but never wear because it’s so large it catches on everything? Why not turn it into a pendant? Did we remove two links from your sapphire bracelet? Why not make matching earrings? Did you inherit a pin from your grandmother? We can turn that beautiful antique pin you never wear into a necklace you never take off.
- Incorporate your own stones.
Do you have diamonds or gemstones that were passed down to you, removed when you scrapped gold, or in a piece of jewellery you never wear? Use those stones to create a beautiful NEW piece of jewellery.
- Remount Your Engagement Ring
We are happy to assist in resetting your diamonds from a yellow gold mounting into white gold or platinum.
You may want to add more diamonds or get a second wedding band for the other side of your engagement ring. Need an idea? Stop in, we have plenty!
Custom Jewellery Design
FREE CLEANING AND INSPECTION – EVEN IF YOU DIDN’T BUY IT FROM US
- Free inspection – right here in our store.
Our sales staff and onsite jewellers will inspect your pieces to make sure your prongs are secure, stones are tight, and jewellery is in good condition.
- Free cleaning – make your jewellery look new!
A free professional cleaning includes polishing, ultrasonic and steam cleaning. No matter how you clean it yourself, your jewellery will never look as shiny or sparkle as much, than when it comes out of our workshop.
We love how excited our customers get when they see their jewellery sparkling like new. Bring in your jewellery – you have to see it to believe it!
- What if we find something beyond mere cleaning?
Jewellery is not indestructible; our knowledgeable staff will tell you if something is wrong. Over time prongs can wear or break, stones can loosen, and metal can become thin and crack.
- Discover small problems before they become costly.
Jewellery inspection is preventive maintenance. If you have your jewellery checked regularly, simple problems can be caught early. We can tell you what’s wrong, then repair that problem before costly damage occurs.
TURN AN ORDINARY PIECE OF JEWELLERY INTO AN HEIRLOOM.
- Get creative
Most people think of engraving on monogram rings or ID bracelets. We think beyond that; engraving inside wedding bands or anniversary rings, on cufflinks, and on the back of watches and charms.
- Free engraving on on our gold and platinum items.
Engraving turns the ordinary jewellery purchase into an heirloom From a special date to an elaborate monogram, engraving is a great way to make a piece of jewellery even more personal.We offer free engraving on any of our gold and platinum jewellery – just one of the many ways we provide excellent service for you!
GREAT REASONS TO GET YOUR JEWELLERY APPRAISED.
- Insurance companies often require an appraisal of your jewellery.
- Insurance gives you peace of mind to wear and enjoy your jewellery every day instead of keeping it locked in a safe or security deposit box.
- Insurance companies often require an appraisal . We have people over years experience who consult to give the most accurate appraisal possible.
- Appraisals are free of charge on our pieces at time of purchase. With any purchase at Quality Gem you can request an appraisal free of charge.
- We also do appraisals on jewellery not purchased at our store. There are very few places that do appraisals on pieces not purchased in their store. We do – we’re your one stop for all things jewellery!
- We’ll take the time with you that you deserve. We understand all your jewellery is important, and will take the time to go over each of your pieces with you.
- We don’t buy jewellery – so our appraisal is objective. Every appraiser is honest (more or less), but since we don’t buy jewellery, you can be assured we’ll remain objective.
WHAT KIND OF APPRAISALS CAN WE PERFORM?
- Insurance Appraisals
To put your mind at ease an appraisal for insurance purposes will provide you with a legal document itemizing your jewellery, including measurements and stone grades, photographs and replacement values.
- Estate Appraisals
This type of appraisal gives a fair market value of your jewellery instead of a replacement cost. It is often used to settle an estate for tax purposes or help in dispersing jewellery equally among heirs.
CONCERNED ABOUT LEAVING YOUR DIAMOND RING?
- We understand your concern.
We understand you may be apprehensive about leaving your most valuable and sentimental items.
- Like a fingerprint every diamond is different.
That is why we will show you your diamond under the microscope and make a plot, showing you the unique characteristics of your stone. When you come back to pick up your diamond we will again show you your stone under the scope.
PEARL STRINGING PROTECTS YOUR JEWELRY
- Pearl Stringing protects your jewelry.
Pearl stringing is a unique process in which the pearls are threaded onto a silk strand and knotted between each pearl.The knots are both aesthetic and practical, giving the pearls a refined look while preventing pearls from rolling everywhere in the event the strand breaks.Over time the silk strand will start to stretch, weaken and even look dull or dirty from normal every day wear. This takes away from the beauty and lustre of your pearls and leaves the strand vulnerable to breaking.
- Wondering if your pearls need restringing?
Just as you would have the prongs on your diamond ring checked, it is important to restringing your pearls approximately every three years to preserve them. Stop in and consult with our sales staff. We are happy to take the time to educate and advise you.
- Are your pearls dating your style?
- Redesign it!
The great thing about pearls is you can restring them giving you a completely new look for a minimal cost.
- Have a long double strand of pearls you never wear?
Think about restringing to make a shorter necklace with a matching bracelet, a triple strand bracelet or even two necklaces, one for each of your daughters.
On-Site Jewellery Repair
COMFORT AND SAFETY
- On-Site means fast turnaround.
You can feel comfortable knowing your jewellery never leaves our store. Saving you worry and time spent shipping repairs out.All jewellery repairs are completed on-site in our fully-equipped shop. Our sales staff will examine your piece of jewellery, consult with our experienced craftsmen, if necessary, and explain your options for repair and price quotes.
- On-site means safety.
Are you uncomfortable leaving your jewellery for repair? We understand your concern about leaving something with high monetary and sentimental value.